Access Statement For Old Rectory Howick
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home-based five-bedroom bed
and breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you
have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to
• Local transport is limited but there is a bus service from Newcastle via Alnwick which comes through Howick twice a day on the way to Bamburgh.
Many express trains stop at Alnmouth Station on the East Coast Main Line.
By special arrangement we can meet guests off the train or provide the
local taxi numbers. The
nearest airport is Newcastle International, 35 miles away.
• Brochures and menus can be provided in large print by prior arrangement
• Our website www.oldrectoryhowick.co.uk gives directions on how to find us,
and we are on Google Maps and Google Earth.
• You can contact us via phone, fax or email (details below)
& Car Parking Facilities
• We are on the main road through the village, at the end of a 100 metre,
level, private gravel drive.
• There are marked parking bays and ample room for 5 cars.
• The surface is level, flat and gravel, and drop-offs can be made to the
front door. There is a 1" step over the front door threshold into the
• We can assist guests with luggage.
Entrance & Reception
• Our front door has a weather sill 2 cm high.
• The front door and inside door are 90 cm wide, as are all the doors in the
• There is an entrance hall 2.2 m by 2.2m with hanging space for outdoor
clothes and shoe racks.
• The floor throughout the entrance hall and Reception is stripped pine.
• The Reception area is 5 m by 5m and had a stove and seats for guests to use
as a sitting area.
• Our dining room is situated off the Reception area.
• We have 2 dining tables with seating for 12.
• The breakfast menu is provided in large print, and also provided in the
• We can cater for all diets.
• We can provide a range of indoor games such as Chess or Backgammon or
• There is seating in the sheltered area in front of the hosue.
• The lawns can be used for croquet and putting.
• The grounds are flat with extensive gravelled drives
• Bedroom 1 (Jack) is a twin with its own private bathroom only two steps
• Bedroom 2 (Jill) is a double en suite, with a shower over the bath.
• Bedroom 3 (Holly) is a double en suite with a shower inside a raised
• Bedroom 4 (Rose) is a double with a private bathroom down and up stairs and
across a landing.
• Bedroom 5 (Suzie) is a twin. It
shares a bathroom with Rose. Neither
room is suitable for guests with mobility difficulties.
• All bedrooms have their own TV and a courtesy tray with kettle.
• All bedroom have fitted carpets.
• All bedrooms have emergency torches which flash if there is a power cut.
Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• All toilets are standard size and are within bathrooms.
• Baths are large, and have showers over.
• Rose & Suzie bathroom has both a bath and separate shower.
• Holly has just a shower.
• Our gardens surround large lawns and are planted with shrubs, trees and
• The gravel parking area is flat.
• Mobile phone reception may be poor. Guests
are welcome to use our land line
• We have 4 dogs, so cannot allow any other dogs in the house.
• Address: Old Rectory Howick,
Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 3LE
• Telephone: 01665 577590
• Fax: 01665 572053
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.oldrectoryhowick.co.uk
welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments
please phone 01665 577590
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created May 2008.